The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Kenya Ministry of Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services. MGIC Kenya is seeking suitably qualified persons able to fill the position of Human Resource & Administration Officer
Reporting to the Human Resource& Administration Manager, the Human Resources and Administration Officer is responsible for all aspects of the human resource function within the organization and performs a wide variety of duties focused on human resource management, administrative and office procurement operations
1. Develop and recommend personnel policies and procedures and maintain the Employee HR policies manual in accordance with Kenya labour laws and MGIC-Kenya policies and procedures
2. Actively participate in the full-cycle recruitment for all office vacancies including development of job descriptions, placing job advertisements, screening and interviewing qualified candidates, conducting references checks and extending employment offers.
3. Ensure that all new hires are on boarded appropriately and given access to MGIC-Kenya policies and procedures and support managers on the orientation of new employees.
4. Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, conduct training on goal setting and organize development activities
5. Manage all employee relations matters including conflict resolution and disciplinary matters in compliance with local labour laws, MGIC-Kenya policies in order to meet the standards of a conducive working environment.
6. Prepare monthly payroll data for payroll change file in collaboration with Human Resource and Admin Manager
7. Coordinate the administration of benefits by working closely with insurance to manage staff enrolments and terminations, issuance of insurance cards, Schedule periodic insurance benefits orientation for all staff members.
8. Ensure in all HR practices, there is strict compliance with the policies, labour law and donor requirements. This will include sub grantees compliance.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management or Bachelors Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized institution
Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution is a must for those whose Bachelor degree is not in Human Resource Management;
Valid Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)Membership
A minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar position
3 years’ experience in purchasing and supplies management desirable Excellent knowledge of Kenya Labour laws
Working knowledge of Human resource information System will be an added advantage
Skills & Attributes:
Excellent communication and persuasion skills
Team player with strong leadership skills
Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
High levels of integrity
Strong planning and organisational skills
Immediate availability will be a definite advantage
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to MGIC_[email protected] on or before 22nd June 2021.
Applicants are advised to include the title “Human Resource & Administration Officer” on the subject line.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Other HR jobs that you might like