MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the procurement unit in its daily operations in order to realise the organisational strategic objectives..
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES KEY AREA ACTIVITIES
Coordination of Procurement Processes
• Receive all incoming requisitions and co-ordinate the flow in an effective and efficient manner using the laid down procedures.
• Follow up with suppliers on the sourcing process to ensure timely delivery to end user.
• Maintain an updated supplier’s database.
• Prepare LPOs and send them to suppliers
• Assist in preparation of tender documents and soliciting of tender/quotations.
• Assist in the establishment of appropriate frameworks to enable improved organizational efficiency.
• Carry out analysis of quotations and prepare relevant reports.
Internal and External Relations
• Assist in fostering good business relationships between suppliers and internal customers.
• Answer incoming queries regarding outstanding procurement requests.
• Preparing reports for the Tender Committee.
• Assist in managing contracts with suppliers of goods and services.
• Assist in risk analysis of contract conditions, costs and sub-contracts.
• Prepare donor reports on procurement matters.
Filing and documentation
• Responsible for filling registry of purchases related documents.
• Develop various reports as required by the department and users
Tender Committee reports
• Prepare monthly reports for tender committee approvals (through minutes and via emails)
Preparation of RFQs and quotations analysis
• Prepare RFQs for PRs raised on a daily basis
• Prepare quotations analysis for quotations received for Procurement Officer’s approval
Taking of evaluation minutes and tender openings
• Prepare tender opening and evaluation minutes as assigned and ensure they are duly signed by the participants
Disposal of assets reports
• Prepare reports/minutes for disposal of used motor vehicles and assorted items as and when assigned.
• Bachelor of Commerce or Business Management – Procurement & Logistics Option
• Member of KISM.
• 3 Years’ experience in the procurement function
Skills and Competences
• Procurement analysis
• Supply chain management
• Report writing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Analytical and attention to details
• Good coordination, problem solving and networking skills
• Team player
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High integrity and honesty
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure
• Hard working and result oriented
• Ability to write clearly, concisely and in a logical manner
Other Procurement, Facilities And Supply Chain jobs that you might like