Reporting to the ICT Manager, the job holder will be responsible for deputizing the ICT Manager with the management of ICT infrastructure including but not limited to server rooms/ data centres, network equipments, communication equipment, storage equipments, virtualization infrastructure and cloud infrastructure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Maintain infrastructure topology map for all active hardware in both Primary and DR Data Centers.
2. Maintain systems at Primary and Secondary site and ensure that they are patched as and when required.
3. Maintain 99.9% infrastructure availability and ensure capacity for growth.
4. Implement ICT security policy on infrastructure.
5. Maintain system uptime and efficiency.
6. Develop and maintain standards and procedures for the Society owned infrastructure.
7. Maintaining backups, testing backups, organize and implement disaster recovery plans.
8. Maintaining documentation of infrastructure equipment and systems under your custody.
9. Provide level 3 support to Help Desk Support team.
10. Asset Management - maintaining inventory of the Sacco’s hardware and software.
11. Establishing service level agreement with vendors and ensuring relevant contracts are in place.
12. The post-holder may under the direction of the ICT Manager assist with the implementation of ICT infrastructure related projects.
13. Report monthly on service levels including but not limited to incidences, downtimes, and system changes of the assigned systems.
14. Manage vendor relationships with service providers and technology manufacturers.
15. Any other duties as may be identified by the ICT Manager.
• A University Degree in ICT or related degree from a recognized University.
• Five (5) years working experience in a busy environment, managing Data Centre Infrastructure
• Comprehensive knowledge of ICT Security, Hardware, Software and Networking skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Scripting, Windows, and Non-Windows Server Management, VM Ware and Net app
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
Qualified applicants should apply on or before 5pm on 23rd June 2021 using the link provided in our website.
Other Information Technology And Computing jobs that you might like