We have central support functions of Human Resources, IT, Finance, Legal and Marketing & Innovation in the Rentokil Initial Head Office locations and in country.
You would be supporting the Pest Control & Hygiene business in Tanzania
A vacancy has arisen for a Sales and Marketing Manager in our East Africa Business
The role is responsible for consolidating the country’s business and also develop new business sales opportunities through consumer direct initiatives for the full range of Rentokil Initial products and services.
You will lead a team of sales consultants to maximize on all sales opportunities, and to proactively create new markets and achieve the set sales targets and business KPIs. A strong focus will be on developing and managing relationships with industry partners and working with them on business growth opportunities beneficial to all parties.
As part of the Leadership team, you will play a key role in the development and implementation of Rentokil Initial (K) Ltd business growth plan, developing, formulating and implementing key sales strategies and providing insight into key strategic thrusts that will ensure the business attains a competitive advantage in the market, and remains on track on its agenda for growth and performance.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable growth results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development, and product and service knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, driving team’s productivity in order to meet agreed individual sales targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout Kenya and remote support occasionally to Uganda
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product/service and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; budget on new product launches and sales promotion program plans.
- Ensure that all sales consultant activities are in accordance with the guidelines of the Sales Policy and Company Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, retention, direction, organisation and guidance of sales and marketing consultants to accomplish the sales targets.
- Leverage available data to provide actionable insights to the sales consultants to drive growth
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team through the support of Capability Lead by maintaining a system of reviews, reports, infield coaching and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, sales newsletters and bulletins as may be needed.
- Plan for and oversee execution of the company Sales Performance Review system that elaborately describes the performance standards for each member of the sales team, oversee setting of individual territory sales and commission targets, and administer the Sales and commissions policy.
- Provide and oversee high standards of ongoing training for the Sales representatives so that they possess sufficient technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products and services in an accurate and professional manner.
- Take lead responsibility for the management of National and other major Key Accounts to assure a lasting professional relationship with the clients and drive business growth from the key customer’s portfolio
- Oversee the marketing function by guiding the Marketing Officer responsibilities
- Lead in collating and providing insightful market intelligence and research relating to competition, carrying out high level SWOT analysis of Company market environment and tipping senior management on opportunities available and approaches to adopt in efforts to maintain a competitive edge
- Meet marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Proactively drive debt collection through active involvement of sales colleagues in the process. Liaise with the Credit Manager and credit controllers to gather information on the credit status of all customers and facilitate collection
- Maintain sound systems to manage the business sales pipeline process and tracking in order to measure success rate in conversion in line with company sales targets
- Undertake other tasks as may be directed by Management
Do you have what it takes? If you want to be considered for this role you will need:
- A valid Driver’s Licence
- Legally able to work in East Africa
- Commercial / Managerial tertiary qualification (preferable)
- Evidence of 5 years related experience
- A Strong orientation/connection with the values of service, relationships and teamwork
- Ensure delivery of excellent results, goals and initiatives and excellent customer service
- Negotiation and Coaching skills
- High energy level / self motivation
- Planning and organizing / work management skills
- Computer literacy -( MS word, Google, Excel and Internet)
- Strong Commercial and Numeric skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes and ability to operate in diverse cultural environments
- Proficient in the ability to understand problems, situations and the reasons behind them, crossing the barriers of languages and cultures
Are you interested? Here's what you can expect when you join us...
- A number of benefits including subsidized Medical Insurance, Risk and Retirement funding
- Opportunity for Growth and Development
Rentokil Initial believes in supporting all employees to provide equal opportunities and avoid discrimination. We also place emphasis on workplace diversity which means that we are serious about creating an inclusive environment that accepts
each individual's differences, embraces their strengths and provides opportunities for all colleagues to achieve their full.
Do you love to provide a valued professional service throughout your community? Do you feel like you could do the job well? Apply for the role today!
Other Accounting, Busines Management And Administration jobs that you might like