Recruiter: The Standard Group PLC ,
Contract Type: Contract / Casual
Salary range: Confidential
You have 10 days to apply for this job
Graphic Designer – Motion Graphics
The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, btv, Farmers T.V, Radio Maisha, Vybez Radio, Spice FM, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations, we are looking for a smart, creative and ambitious individual to join the dynamic Marketing team in the following capacity:
REPORTING TO HEAD OF MARKETING
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The incumbent will be responsible for creating visual content for all Standard Group PLC platforms (still and animated) where their primary focus will be in digital/ print production, graphic design, and concept development. Secondary focus will be creating brand videos and digital/ multimedia creative across various channels, including social media, website, and email. This position entails 65% still digital/print projects and 35% video/digital projects.
• Design visual content for print, email, motion graphics/animation, social media, web, and digital applications that is on-brand, reinforces our mission, and is appropriate for our various audiences;
• Work on briefs from the beginning, working closely with Copy writer towards achieving client’s objectives;
• Work as a part of a collaborative team with the Marketing teams, when briefs are being developed to produce innovative graphics;
• Develop infographics as required by the relevant output areas, developing, and producing high quality graphics for print, television, and digital channels;
• Plan and produce dynamic and engaging daily and long- term visual journalism and storytelling, including both complex and routine graphic element;
• Maintain the design line of Standard Group’s products (across all relevant platforms) and follow the Group’s visual and branding guides for all content produced;
• Offer and execute creative graphic solutions for content presentation, implement and ensure consistent, high Electronic and Print design standards;
• Edit and optimize visuals & video clips for use on social media and 3rd party e-commerce platforms;
• Photo editing and preparation for print/web/video while ensuring photo re-touching is consistent throughout;
• Respond to user feedback, data/analytics, and client feedback to improve the creative work in future iterations - understand data visualization concepts;
• Follow instructions from mock-ups or turn-ins and be able to create basic/intermediate designs from scratch.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design/motion graphics.
• 2+ years’ experience in comparable relevant position in a reputable organization.
• A strong portfolio of recent design projects demonstrating creative thinking and execution.
• Superb knowledge of Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, After Effects/Premiere Pro and other video editing/ motion graphics software.
• Strong grasp of design around typography, color, photography, videography and layout.
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
• Effective team player
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
• Project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and handle unexpected changes.
• Ability to tell stories through graphics material.
If you possess the above qualifications and have the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/jobs to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than Friday, June 11th 2021.
The Standard Group PLC is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Please note: Only applications that include a PORTFOLIO will be considered. Examples of still graphics or motion graphics required (attach as a zipped file when uploading)
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WE DO NOT CHARGE ANY FEES FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Take a job seeker's survey