|Category:||Accounting & Finance|
1. Ensure prompt registration and acknowledgement of new claims upon receipt of notification.
2. Evaluate and settle claims, to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio
3. Confer with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation and defense in courts
4.Verify and analyses data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and that settlements are made according to company practices and procedures
5. Maintain claim files such as records of settled claims and an inventory of claims requiring detailed analysis
6. Payment of claims within the set service levels agreements.
7. Preparation of weekly & monthly claims reports to the team leader.
8. Portfolio analysis and risk recommendation to the underwriting department upon analysis of trend in motor claims.
9. Recommendation for approval of payment and discharge vouchers within limits.
10. Participate in review of claim reserves as per the stipulated timelines.
11. Oversee the preparation of claims statistical reports within the stipulated time.
12. Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix
13. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required;
1. Bachelors of degree or commerce (insurance option preferred)
2. Progress in professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI or AIIK)
3.2-3 years’ experience in insurance claims processing
4. Knowledge and experience in the insurance sector
Emerging Leaders Competency Descriptions;
?Presenting and Communicating Information - Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
?Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-actively shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
?Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
?Analyzing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system / process / problem.
?Planning and Organizing - Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
?Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
?Deciding and Initiating Action - Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates’ actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
?Leading and Supervising - Provides subordinates with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides subordinates with the relevant coaching; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; identifies high potential talent; sets and articulates the departmental vision and values through own personal behaviour; sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
?Formulating Strategies and Concepts - Works strategically to realize personal goals; understands and effectively communicates the departmental strategy; translates the departmental strategy and vision into operational responsibilities; takes into consideration departmental strategy during all tasks; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to current role.
?Applying Expertise and Technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
?Following Instructions and Procedures - Challenges authority only when appropriate; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
?Adapting and Responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.