1. Advise insurance business on all matters touching on the law
2. Review newly instituted matters and advise management
3. Research and interpret regulatory requirements of new Insurance products and/or services
4. Provide assistance to the operational areas with day-to-day regulatory Insurance compliance issues
5. Assist with handling more complex Insurance regulatory compliance issues
6. Keep current on national requirements regarding Insurance and communicate issues and new statutory developments to executive team.
7. Provide high quality legal opinions to enable effective management of legal risks
8. Prepare agreement for appointment of advocates
9. Receive final ruling and ensures it is captured
10. Negotiating out of court settlements with a view of saving costs
11. Approving payment of legal fees and judgments and or discharge Vouchers
12. Securities perfection (Mortgages, plot loan etc.) and ensuring Britam is protected at all times
13. Ensure safe custody of the insurance instruments and documents such as organization seal, charged documents and suit papers, and ensure confidentiality and privacy of all legal data of the business
14. Provide legal advice to the insurance business on all legal matters related to its activities and mandate premised on a platform that is well researched, reasoned and timely
15. Ensuring insurance business is compliant with all statutory requirements;
16. Advising management on the interpretation, impact and effect of the relevant laws and general conditions affecting their various areas of operation;
17. Providing strategic legal advice, including advice on business and product development
18. Liaison with the various regulatory agencies, including but not limited to IRA
19. Respond to demand letters and making best efforts to sort out disputes before they are referred to a court of law
20. Liaise with external lawyers on conduct of court matters;
21. Liaise with company staff on required documentation, witnesses etc. with respect to matters in court;
22. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• Bachelor’s degree in Law
• Master’s degree in Law (added advantage)
• Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
• Possess a valid practising licence
• 7-10 years post admission (to the roll of advocates) and two (2) years’ experience in a busy organisation at manager level
• Experience in the insurance industry will be an added advantage
• Deciding and Initiating Action - Ensures key departmental objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focusing on achievement of departmental results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions take into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
• Leading and Supervising - Provides the department with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; Building high expectations about the success of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledges high potential talent; Recognize the potential of individuals sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour; Push autonomy and empowerment downwards through the department.
• Persuading and Influencing - Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the department; promotes the organisational strategy during departmental conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of the department and the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the department’s impression and brand on others.
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts - Works strategically to realise organisational goals within the department; sets and develops departmental strategies; identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the department's future potential; Ensure departmental Balanced Score Card objectives and KPI’s are met and Exceeded; Ensure Personal Scorecard Objectives are met and exceeded; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; Work with direct reports to ensure the cascading of the strategic plan into integrated departmental plans that are meaningful to individuals; encourages others to take a strategic and long-term view in terms of the department's future; Emphasise the impact and importance of individual contributions to the successful implementation of the organizational strategy in the department; Evaluate my own and others’ performance fairly and objectively; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels in the department.
• Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking - Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the department; maintains awareness of developments, changes, Add value to the department by capitalising on new business opportunities; trends and possible risks in the department's structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; Identify ways to increase the Britam competitive advantage, exploiting those that will bring the greatest return within an acceptable level of risk; ensures costs are monitored and controlled and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value; Ensure that sufficient data about financial and other parameters of departmental performance are available; Interpret departmental information objectively against appropriate benchmarks.
• Planning and Organising - Sets clearly defined departmental objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing organisational and market circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish projects; manages time effectively; monitors departmental performance against deadlines and milestones.
• Relating and Networking - Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building meaningful relationships with customers and staff across all levels of the organisation, inside and outside of the department; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
• Creating and Innovating - Promotes departmental improvement within relevant scope of influence; produces and encourages new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates the environment for innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to the strategic benefit of the department.
• Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and organisational values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages departmental and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.