|Category:||Project / Programme Management|
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the implementation of national-level activities designed to build the capacity of relevant ministries of the FGoS to implement the National Programme.
2. Assist the DDR Project Manager to supervise and manage all procurement/logistics activities, staff on-boarding and training, and other HR or admin tasks as needed.
3. Assist in initiating dialogue and sensitization workshops aimed at increasing community resilience to violent extremism.
4. Support the implementation of strategic communications’ activities aimed at awareness-raising and information sharing.
5. Oversee implementation of community development initiatives including quick impact projects and infrastructure development.
6. Support the implementation of skills-based training aimed at providing alternative livelihoods to vulnerable populations.
7. Liaise and act as the IOM focal point with relevant government authorities/counterparts, UN partners, implementing partners and the mission support units as necessary.
8. Assist the DDR Unit in identifying programme gaps, developing programmatic interventions, and ensuring partner support.
9. Coordinate and administer budgets in line with National Programme and donor requirements.
10. Prepare timely and regular programme reports/updates in line with donor requirements and for mission purposes.
11. Serve as Office Manager for the DDR team based in Nairobi.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Law, Political or Social Studies, International Affairs or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant five professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience coordinating multiple projects simultaneously;
• Previous work experience in one or more of the following thematic areas a distinct advantage: DDR, PVE, and CVE;
• Experience strategic communication, coordinating information-sharing, sensitization, or awareness-raising activities within a community;
• Project experience related to two or more of the following topics: stabilization, government capacity building, community-led recovery, and conflict mitigation;
• Prior experience working with vulnerable groups in a highly complex conflict area, particularly in areas related to DDR, human rights, or peacekeeping;
• Experience working with various stakeholders including Federal and regional government as well as UN agencies, NGOs, and donors; • Knowledge of Somalia, including socioeconomic and political context is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Somali, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
With frequent travel and possible relocation to Somalia if and when the situation is conducive.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.