|Company:||HJF Medical Research International|
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide advice and guidance to local HJF management and corporate HQ in Bethesda MD on:
• Ethics and compliance (including, but not limited to, compliance with export control regulations and international anti-corruption regulations);
• Various business agreements and contracts;
• Local employment and labor law;
• Immigration law;
• Implementation of corporate policies and procedures;
• International law and business matters;
• Corporate law (including local requirements for registration and reporting)
2. Participate in internal investigations as needed.
3. Support HJF in litigation, arbitration, mediation and administrative proceedings as needed.
4. Serve as HJF’s primary legal resource in-country, coordinating closely and regularly with attorneys in HJF Headquarters in Bethesda, MD.
5. Develop and provide training regarding legal compliance matters to operational units in Africa.
6. Coordinate and assist with managing local outside counsel as needed.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
Minimum Educational Requirements:
J.D. from an accredited law school.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration:
License to practice law in one or more jurisdictions in Africa.
Minimum Work Experience:
At least 7 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required, as well as demonstrated skills in handling complex issues in a timely manner and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Strong preference for experience supporting U.S. based non-profit organizations and/or experience in health care and medical research environment.
Office environment; willingness to travel, including periodic trips to the U.S. Will report to HJF General Counsel, Bethesda, MD.
Terms of Employment:
Any alternative qualifications, to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.