Using your experience and subject matter skills, the Consultant will perform the following tasks. Tasks could include but not be limited to:
· Supervise the other evaluation team members and ensure high quality products are delivered in a timely manner;
· Finalize the evaluation design and develop a work plan and tools for the evaluation;
· Write a high quality evaluation report with clearly stated, well-grounded findings, corresponding conclusions and recommendations that meets the standards in the USAID Evaluation Checklist;
· Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID/Somalia field office and other major partners and stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· At least 10 years of experience conducting evaluations, ideally for governance and/or elections programming;
· Experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection in fragile environments, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
· Knowledge of / experience with programming focused on elections and good governance;
· Experience working in the Horn of Africa, especially Somalia, preferred.
· Excellent communication, team management, and leadership skills.
· Willingness and ability to travel to various project sites in Somalia as needed.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education: Master’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, governance, public policy or a related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will include supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel is required.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.