|Category:||Accounting & Finance|
1. Vendor Payments / Accounts Payable
• Make payments to utilities and suppliers and maintain accounts for creditors
• Enter all transactions into the accounting system (PROCAS & QuickBooks); identify the proper account codes for each transaction.
• Receive and process all invoices, expense reports and requests for payment.
• Prepare payroll and process statutory deductions of NSSF, NHIF and PAYE and remit as per set timelines.
• Ensure that salary is disbursed to all employees on schedule. • Collect and verify timesheets, check for project codes and approvals.
• Verify expense reports and ensure timely payment of travel advances / settlement of expenses
• Ensure payment of consultants and casuals
2. Accounts Receivable
• Assist in the billing and invoicing of clients
• Verify status of payments with clients and banks
3. Cash Management and Banking
• Ensure that petty cash is managed efficiently and controls are observed
• Verify petty cash vouchers and field expenses
• Ensure full verification and reconciliation of bank statements
4. Audit, Annual Accounts and Tax Returns
• Assist with tax computations and tax returns for all categories of tax.
• Assist in financial and statutory reporting
• Act as a custodian of accounting records, ledgers, revenues and operating expenses.
• Assist in the preparation of the Fixed Asset Register and inventory control
• Assist in preparation of accounts and other documentation for external audit.
• Assist in internal audit process and compliance with administrative controls.
• Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times.
5. Project Support
• Conduct research on market prices and wage rates for project budgeting
• Assist in preparation of project budgets • Provide project financial reports and statements to staff as required
• Assist project managers in the financial management of projects
• Assist in the management of project assets
6. Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
7. Assist in Kimetrica accounting and financial management as required.
1. Essential Qualifications
a. Part or full CPA (K)
b. 3 to 5 years work experience in accounting for a medium to large company
c. Computer literate with use of internet, excel and QuickBooks accounting software
d. Keen attention to detail
e. High levels of integrity, honesty and confidentiality
2. Qualification Preferred
a. Strong quantitative and analytical skills
b. Accounting degree or equivalent preferred
c. Strong English language communications
d. Knowledge of project-based accounting methods preferred