The Incumbent will report to the Senior Manager-Strategy & Transformation and will be responsible for the following:
• In liaison with the Line Manager, developing, maintaining, monitoring and updating a tracker showing progress on execution of deliverables in line with the 5-year strategic implementation activities and escalating notable deviations.
• Assisting the Line Manager in translating initiatives, work streams and milestones into project plans which ensures successful project completion.
• In liaison with the Line Manager assisting in setting target metrics / KPIs for work streams and tracking targets set.
• Monitoring and tracking of initiatives, facilitating initiative approvals at various stages, reporting deviations and suggesting remedial actions.
• In liaison with the Line Manager supporting review of Business plans for initiatives prior to senior management sign off.
• Conducting assessment of performance of strategic initiatives to support performance reviews.
• Preparation of periodic reports on progress of transformation for review by the Line Manager.
• Deputizing for the Senior Manager and attending work stream meetings to support initiative owners in transformation.
• Enforcing the weekly cadence and leading change management activities– ensuring pre-TOs, post-TOs and stand-ups meetings are held within work stream and attending to support sponsors where required
• Identifying, analyzing and preparing mitigation tactics for risk (Signaling blocking points and flagging these timely to CTO/TO manager)
• Identifying and managing anticipated resistance including keeping track of any changes
to cadence and correcting if need be to keep discipline
• Management of the Wave solution including administration, Wave training, assisting users with Wave queries and linking with Wave support team.
• Supporting the periodic reviews of the 3 – 5 year strategic plan and continuous reporting of the progress to the various identified governance forums
• Ability to understand and translate strategy into action
• Ability to project and manage complex multifaceted strategic projects
• Advance proficiency and experience in use of excel including modelling
• Knowledge and experience in project management
• Effective communicator & good relationship management skills
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
• Good interpretation and decision making ability
• Good people management skills
• Strong analytical and numerical skills
• Ability to work independently/self-driven
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other project management applications
• Strong planning, coordination and time management skills
• 7 years overall banking experience 3 of which should have been at managerial level