• Drive implementation of the Foundation’s Strategy, working collaboratively with the Board of Trustees and I&M Bank’s Management.
• Develop effective financial and investment strategies and ensure these are well aligned with the Foundation’s Strategy and successfully implemented.
• Lead in grant making, grants management and donor/partners engagement to ensure strategic engagements and partnerships are carried out optimally.
• Build a strong culture that will enable the Foundation carry out its long-term objectives and grow as an organization with appropriate values and ethical practices.
• Develop tools for proper management of all aspects of the organization including human capital, assets, social investment and financing systems
• With the team of staff, oversee identification and development of suitable programs under the core focus of the organization
• Ensure the organizations legal requirements are adhered to according to the governing laws
• To run the day to day activities of the Foundation in close collaboration with the Board of Trustees and members of staff.
• Prepare monthly, annual and other reports as may be required by the Board of Trustees.
• Overseeing timely internal and external audits
• Coach and nurture staff to ensure their growth and maximum utilization of their capabilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following areas; Business, Social Sciences, and Humanities & Arts, or related field gained from a recognized university;
• A post-Graduate qualification in a relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
• A master’s degree in any management or social science field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a philanthropic or charitable organization with at least three (3) years spent in management level in a significant organization(s) with similar operations
• Clear appreciation of corporate social investment and the vital role of the private sector in development including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Excellent leadership competencies including analytical skills, excellent organization and coordination skills and ability to make difficult decisions;
• Experience working with local and global stakeholders as strategic business partner, stakeholder and/or shareholder.
• Extensive experience in managing or working at top level management of a philanthropic institution
• Intensive experience with grant-making and donors
• Tested skills in proposal and report writing
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees.