Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Supports the development and delivery of a training programme on how to integrate sustainably and resilience aspects in food crop value chains and assists with knowledge products
2) Engages in proposal selection for catalytic grants, and prepares and delivers the Project Facilitation Platforms (PFP)
3) Provides technical support to the project promoters selected and carries-out monitoring and evaluation, respectively, during and at the end of the grant cycle
4) Supports countries on national staple food value chain approaches and relevant value chain initiatives
5) Contributes to knowledge development tools; leads on planning, monitoring and reporting for relevant Component 2 outcomes; and facilitates collaboration
Innovation Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
Leadership Ability to persuade others to follow.
People Management Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
Communication Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
Delivery Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
Private sector and pro-poor market development Knowledge of private sector and pro-poor market development, in particular of agriculture value chain approaches, including regarding regional private sector companies and financial institutions, especially in the agro-food industry.
Environmental sustainability and resilience issues in agriculture value chains
Knowledge of environmental sustainability and resilience issues in agriculture value chains including proven private sector companies’ models and related investments, and expertise in integrating environmental and resilience aspects in food value chains.
Analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills
Networking skills to engage with both internal and external partners, and capacity to communicate fluently with different stakeholders.
Project management skills
Attitude and approach
Positive, constructive attitude and consistently approaches work with energy.
Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
Full command of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and common internet applications.
Required Skills and Experience