ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
The Technology Division of WFP is opening a new Digital Service Hub in Nairobi to bring development of solutions closer to operational needs in the field. The aim is to support Country Offices more closely, through digital technology, in achieving their Country Strategic Plans. In close coordination with the RBN Regional Communications Officer, the Communications Consultant will support the Digital Service Hub by marketing the services offered to the Country Offices, surfacing stories of impact that can be shared both internally and externally, while also supporting the communication needs (presentations, blogs, panels, events, etc) of the Chief Digital Transformation Services. This role will also collaborate on content with the Technology Division Communications Team and work closely with the [email protected] Division in Headquarters (Rome, Italy).
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University Degree and/or advanced courses/training with
Minimum 3 years of experience in Marketing, journalism, digital communications.
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- Execute communication plans and activities for key projects within the Digital Service Hub and in alignment with the Technology Division’s internal and external communication strategy;
- Develop and implement a communication campaign marketing the services offered by the Digital Service Hub, with Country Offices as the target audience;
- Source, write and post out impact stories from Country Offices (in relation to Digital Service Hub activities) that demonstrate the tangible benefits and progress of digital transformation for WFP;
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the Technology Division’s various Communications teams, collaborating on key content and to utilize and maximize existing WFP communication vehicles and platforms, while aligning to the division’s key messaging;
- Draft, edit and produce statements, newsletters, presentations, website content, social media content, briefings, articles, talking points, key messages and other written communications and campaigns for projects and events to support the activities of the Chief Digital Transformation Services;
- Coordinate the creation of digital media to support communication activities and initiatives, also feeding content into the TEC Communications content calendar;
- Other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- As cited above, experience in Marketing, journalism or digital communications required.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapt communication styles to different situations and individuals;
- Excellent oral, editing and writing skills. Graphic design and/or experience managing an online blog highly desired;
- Strong creative problem-solving and detail oriented
- Ability to manage competing priorities;
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a diverse team;
- Ability to travel to
difficultsettings and countries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This position is open to Kenya Nationals only
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Apply by 22nd August 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.