|Salary:||Ksh. KES 5,413,692 Gross p.a.|
To provide business development leadership and coordination for identified VSO Country Offices (Ethiopia, Kenya, and Rwanda); responsible for optimizing income generation and business development from a diverse range of donors in support of VSO’s programmes and regional operations
• Experience in developing funding strategies and delivering income against targets;
• Proven ability to research new funding opportunities and to make appropriate judgments about their potential to realize significant restricted income;
• Experience in establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income ;
• Proven track record in writing winning donor proposals for donors including USAID, EC, UKAID, SIDA and UN Agencies – including proven ability to develop log frames, monitoring frameworks, and theories of change;
• Experience in preparing compelling, high-quality documentation (concept notes, presentations, proposals, budgets, reports, log frames, theories of change etc) for different donor and partner audiences ;
• Familiarity with M&E tools; theories of change, monitoring frameworks, and basic evaluation techniques;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills used in international settings –
• Ability to be self-directed and take initiative within organizational mandates – strong administrative and organizational skills ;
• Experience in establishing partnerships between organizations including teaming agreement and consortia bid development;
• Strong administrative and organizational skills: ability to be self-directed and take an initiative
• Strong analytical and financial and skills;
• Educated to post-graduate degree level in an international development-related discipline;
• IT skills including fluency in Microsoft Office suite and database usage;
• Experience of living and working internationally (4+ years required);
• Fluency in English (written and spoken). Portuguese, French or other languages desirable;
• Ability to travel globally (estimated 30-50% travel required.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open-minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in either Ethiopia, Kenya or Rwanda before you apply.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Applicants who had applied earlier need not to apply again.