The Junior Product Designer will be responsible for creating end-to-end product designs in order to deliver distinctive digital solutions for I&Ms customers and employees.
The incumbent will report to the Design Lead or any other official as may be designated and will be responsible for:
– Designing and delivering elegant and delightful product experiences as part of a cross-functional Agile product team.
– Actively collaborating with business / brand stakeholders throughout the design and development process.
– Assisting Product Owners in executing both long and short-term vision for digital products.
– Clearly articulating proposed design and key decisions with Product Owners.
– Exploring solution space and refining concepts via wireframes and detailed high definition design.
– Defining the visual style and position relative to design guidelines.
– Researching, identifying and articulating customer needs
– Building prototypes and designing tests to validate customer needs, requirements and behaviors.
– Collaborating with other designers within and cross-team to problem solve design challenges and maintain a level of design consistency and coherence across client organization products.
– Design Diploma or any other relevant course/ qualification in design studies
– Strong experience in design
– Experience with designing quality consumer products
– Experience with user-centered design that spans some combination of web, mobile, tablet.
– Experience with Graphical and Visual Design, including use of a diverse set of software such as the Adobe suite, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, Sketch or other tools for Graphic / Visual Design
• Knowledge of agile values, principles and practices
• Knowledge of services in client’s industry
• Awareness of current design trends
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application, your portfolio, together with a comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees. Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 10th August 2018. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: [email protected] (preferred option)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.