|Company:||Standard Group Ltd.|
REPORTING TO MANAGING EDITOR - KTN
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This role is responsible for deputizing the Managing Editor – KTN in setting and enforcing policies and procedures in the editorial department, providing editorial direction, budget making and strategic planning for the department.
• Editorial conception and management- de?ning a rolling annual editorial plan and coherent editorial lines;
• Planning respective editorial department schedules;
• Driving and monitoring the movement of content;
• Ensuring quality content for viewing/publishing;
• Leading, directing and motivating sta? which includes; meetings, work cycles, and shifts, disciplining and resolving job-related issues;
• Overseeing the overall operations in respective editorial departments.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
• Bachelor s degree in Journalism or Mass Communication, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• A master s degree will be an added advantage
• Relevant professional quali?cation from a recognized institution;
• Membership in a relevant professional body
• 8 years’ relevant experience with 2 years at a supervisory level
Skills and Attributes
• Strategic planning and Goal setting/directional to ensure organization survives in long-term
• Full member of
• Ability to understand long-term e?ects on the organization
• Must understand function/discipline planning requirements.
• Contributes to policy-making decisions impacting the whole organization.
If you possess the above quali?cations and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than 8 August 2018.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disquali?cation.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS