1. Lead the Business development team in developing and implementing the long-term strategic goals for the department.
2. Identify new asset gathering opportunities that enhance and promote the Asset Managers Company’s Mission and Vision
3. Analyse the progress of opportunity pipeline and make recommendations for adjustments/interventions as required.
4. Identify and review opportunities to bid for and acquire new projects
5. Manage key relationships with existing and prospective clients;
6. Work with business stakeholders and other department heads on the delivery of company initiatives.
7. Provide overall project management for ongoing revenue-generation initiatives.
8. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
9. Work with the product development committee and marketing team to understand the market and client and develop products that speak to client needs.
10. Adhere to internal and external risk and compliance standards
11. Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
A detailed Job Description will be given to the successful candidate.
1. Bachelor's degree in a business related degree
2. At least 10 - 15 years’ experience in a similar positions 5 of which must be management level
3. Knowledge and applied professional understanding of the principles and practices of investments
4. Customer, market and competitor understanding
5. Ability to develop client relationships
6. Knowledge of regulatory requirements
7. Effective communication and negotiation skills
8. Excellent organisational and analytical skills
9. Report writing skills
Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures, key organisational objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focusing on achievement of strategic results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
Leading and Supervising: Provides the business with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive organisational climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
Relating and Networking: Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building good relationships with customers and staff across all departments, inside and outside of the organisation; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the organisation, promote the organisational strategy during conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself, the department or the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the organisation’s impression and brand on others.
Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops organisational strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long-term view in terms of the organisation’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels of the organisation.