|Company:||African Development Bank|
|Category:||Accounting & Finance|
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Economist/Vice-President for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management, the local Macroeconomist will:
1. Analyze the economic and financial situations of assigned Regional Member Countries, using internal and external information sources, and determine the implications for the programming and updating of Bank Group operations such as defined in the Country Strategy Paper.
2. Examine the impact of Bank Group operations in the countries concerned,
3. Undertake assigned Economic and Sector Work, focusing mainly on preparing papers on relevant economic and financial issues in the development process.
4. Identify, prepare, evaluate and monitor the implementation of macroeconomic programmes.
5. Carry out the analysis required to prepare Country Strategy Papers based on the regional member countries’ poverty reduction and growth promotion strategies and/or the Governments’ Development Agendas, and the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy and High 5s,
6. Maintain effective communication with the sector departments and divisions, and other relevant units in the Bank to ensure a coordinated approach to the implementation of the Bank’s Strategy and lending operations in the assigned country.
7. Participate in Country Portfolio Reviews.
8. Participate in the preparation and monitor implementation of measures under budget support loans in collaboration with the Governance, Economic & Financial Management Department; and in the preparation of information notes on economic reforms programs and institutional support;
9. Participate in aid coordination activities with bilateral and multilateral donors with an emphasis on promoting the co-financing of projects and programmes.
10.Participate in country dialogue
11.Participate in the preparation of annual and triennial lending programmes
12. Develop and build client relations at all levels and plays a promotional role in generating new business for the Bank.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics and other relevant fields and related disciplines.
2. Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience working on African Development Issues in an international organization, national government or a reputable organization.
3. Good grasp of the developing countries in general and of the country covered in particular; experience in macroeconomic management issues and the economics of development.
4. Technical and quantitative skills as an applied development macroeconomist.
5. Policy dialogue skills; including the ability to effectively interact with national authorities and technical and financial partners on policy and aid coordination issues;
6. Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to deliver results on time.
7. Problem-solving capabilities coupled with innovation skills and change management.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
9. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED LOCAL STATUS AND DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct [email protected]