Roles and Responsibilities
• You will be responsible for the mobile development of our high-quality mobile products.
• Work with the Engineering team in developing the whole suite of Kopo Kopo products (web,
• Be a major contributor to the Agile Software Methodology which we use at Kopo Kopo
• Work with partners on integrations that will require involvement in all aspects of the software
development cycle from requirement analysis to implementation.
Desired Skills and Experience
• You should be comfortable with system architecture and component design and be able to use
design patterns especially Android application architecture and frameworks
• You should understand multi-threading
• Develop features across multiple subsystems within our application by collaboration during
requirements definition, designing, coding, testing and deployment
• Participate with engineering, operations and business teams to define plans for scaling, enhancing and standardizing our products
• Have experience in building data-driven applications using significant relational database engines as part of the application architecture
• A deep understanding of Java (at least 3+ years of Java development experience) and working knowledge of Kotlin and Flutter
• Tried and demonstrable experience integrating mobile apps with RESTful APIs communicating with external systems.
• You have a strong sense of user empathy and a sense of UI/UX aesthetics.
• Document proposed solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams etc.
• Ruby experience a plus
• Be able to operate in an agile, fluid and uncertain environment wearing ‘multiple hats’
• Demonstrate success at having been able to ‘ship’ Android products individually or as part of a
team. You need to be able to get things done.
If you meet the requirements email your resume and recent examples of your work (e.g. a link to GitHub profile, Stack Overflow user profile and/or a portfolio of completed projects) to [email protected] and specify the position for which you are applying.