|Company:||Fairmont The Norfolk|
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Support the General Manager in the overall management and strategic direction of the hotel, assuming the responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual Operations Plan and achieve the profit objectives therein.
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Operating Departments including Rooms, F&B, Engineering, Security and Staff Accommodations are accurate and are being achieved.
• Play a lead role in yield management for Rooms and Food & Beverage.
• Ensures the consistent implementation and delivery of all Fairmont Service Essentials and Standards.
• Handles all guest concerns and feedback to ensure effective
• Assist in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and Food & Beverage are on time, on target and accurate.
• Ensures the smooth operation and
• Assist in staff planning and the maintenance of productivity levels
• Update and ensure timely awareness of the hotel’s Business Continuity, Emergency and Crisis Management Plans.
• Actively involved in the recruitment process of leadership positions within the operating departments.
• Function as
• Ensure full compliance
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
• Follow all safety policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years previous luxury / upscale hotel experience in a related field (minimum 2 years as DOO/ Hotel Manager).
• Flexible with the ability to sustain a high level of productivity and efficiency at all times.
• Display strong analytical, organizational,
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and strong multi-tasking.
• Extensive Operations management experience in F&B and Rooms a strong asset with a proven record to coordinate multiple departments and to achieve goals
• Clear working knowledge of budget planning & execution
• Exceptional interpersonal and guest relations skills, who is
• Proven team-leader with outstanding motivational skills and coaching ability
• Ability to motivate developing leaders to act as entrepreneurs while implementing innovative,