|Company:||Aga Khan Academies|
|Category:||Education & Training|
• Provide an exemplary role model for teaching, professionalism and support the Head of Department in preparing a plan for professional development of the department.
• Uphold high standards of preparation, teaching and discipline.
• Support teachers across the Senior School in their Unit planning and delivery to ensure highest possible levels of achievement
• Develop a coordinated French Scope and Sequence, which articulates the programme and ensures that it is age appropriate by referencing against external benchmarks.
• Classroom teaching as required.
• A Bachelor’s degree with
• 5 years’ experience in teaching the IB DP, IB MYP or IB PYP as per position applied
• Demonstrated ability to mentor colleagues and take a lead in the on-going professional development of teachers
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain an atmosphere of high expectations for teachers and students
• Strong fluency in French, both in spoken and written communication
Valued additional assets:
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
• Experience working in the developing world
• Experience with residential programmes is an advantage
• Commitment to the co-curricular life of the school is expected
• Experience as a Workshop Leader with the IB
• Track record of producing exemplary results at the IB Exams or Moderation
• Grounded knowledge in educational research
• Experience working within developing countries, and ideally in Africa, with a working knowledge of French or Kiswahili
Interested candidates should submit a letter describing their background, the basis of their interest and their qualifications, along with a current resume or CV.