|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
Responsible for recommending, implementing, and monitoring system database, best practice and procedures to manage company’s data and Information. Administer & provide database support for all application throughout the entire software life cycle processes. Provide DBA support for production, development, and test DB environments and resolve DB performance issues. Maintain end-to-end responsibilities for the Oracle database in all three environments.
1. Manage and support high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms for the Insurance core applications and other systems
2. Review and design database structures, Oracle RMA, Oracle RAC to support business requirements including logical and physical database modeling
3. Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout, Optimization, tuning and upgrades of database technology platforms
4. Install, configure and maintain database instances, creation of various database objects, create users with appropriate roles and levels of security
5. Implement database security policies that are consistent with laid security guidelines
6. Implement and perform database backup and recovery strategies that meet recovery and availability requirements
7. Implement best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures
8. Manage and support Enterprise Data warehouse including the development of reports from the data warehouse platform
9. Works with various teams to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance
10. Management of project implementation tasks of (BI, Audit Vault, Oracle ERP, Database firewall etc) to ensure a well-documented, tracked, seamless and timely implementation
1. Leadership skills
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Ability to handle work pressure
4. Commitment to timelines and quality work
5. Good team player
1. Experience in implementation & Development of Oracle.
2. Knowledge & experience with installation, configuration, backup, recovery, and monitoring of Oracle 10g, and 11g databases.
3. Working knowledge and experience with databases, Oracle Development and application technologies
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or other Computer related field from a recognized University
2. 3+ years of experience with Oracle DBA development
3. 3+ years of experience with test and production environments
4. Certification : OCP /MCSD Relevant Experience 4+ years in experience In Oracle DBA development, databases security, hardware and system software.
For ore information, visit; https://jubileeinsurance.com/ke/about-us/careers/