|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
The role holder will act as a link between core analytics team and business team, and will be responsible for assembling a team of experts, setting requirements, and establishing communications between business team and analytics team. The position will also be responsible for identifying scenarios where analytics can add value and proposing general approaches to do so. Building work plans that incorporate the challenges and specifics of analytical projects as well as synthesizing complex analytics-driven insights into easy-to-understand and actionable recommendations
THE KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE ROLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
The role will report to the Analytics Lead and will be responsible for:
• Defining the business problem to be solved in an analytical language.
• Leveraging known use cases and ‘the art of the possible’ to define the work plan.
• Confirming the applicability of use cases before launching the effort with experts.
• Identifying the data requirements needed to execute all of the possible modeling techniques
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Business experience is required: project management experience with exposure to the top management is highly desirable
• Analytical experience and/or academic background is highly desirable, for example in big data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.
• Experience in coding is highly desirable
• Experience in visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI) is highly desirable
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
• Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
• Knowledge of statistical techniques, data mining, machine learning (log regression, decision trees, clustering, random forests, generalized linear models, etc.) – no deep specific expertise in each is required, but overview of the existing tools is needed
• Knowledge of R/Python is a plus
• Independent, trustworthy and charismatic with absolute integrity.
• Good measure of creativity, social competence and ability to work in a team
• Entrepreneurial and a “can do attitude”
• High energy levels, stress resistance and cultural openness will be therefore highly valued
• Strong communication skills in dealing with leadership, key clients, business partners and teams
• Degree in quantitative field like Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related field is desirable
• Degree in Economics, Business or related field is also a plus
For more information, visit; https://www.imbank.com/careers/10079/