|Company:||The Standard Group Plc|
|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
Reporting to Managing Editor
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is responsible for generating content for news broadcasts and ensuring that it meets both editorial and broadcasting standards in conformity with the Standard Group’s Editorial Policy Guidelines and House style.
• Planning the day’s news bulletins;
• Assigning stories to various reporters and dispatching news crews in a timely and organized manner;
• Monitoring the execution of the stories;
• Coordinating with different departments that are relevant to the execution of the assignments;
• Working with the news anchors to identify talk show topics, interviews, questions and guests;
• Edit news stories and gatekeeping in the news gathering process;
• Coordinating with upcountry correspondents to ensure they deliver the stories;
• Ensuring quality control; confirming quality of sound, pictures, graphics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University Degree in Journalism or a relevant field from a recognized institution
• Four (4) years relevant experience in a busy news environment, preferably a television station.
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
• Knowledge of TV news operation
• Highly competent in written English and/or Kiswahili
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website; http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/ recruitment