The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group PLC is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital.
The incumbent will be responsible for relaying the news gathered and produced by the entire newsroom to the public.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Mass Communication or a relevant field from a recognized institution
• 2 years relevant experience
• Judgement or discretion required.
• Ability to make independent decisions
• Knowledge of routine(s).
• Fluent in both English & Swahili
• Presenting allocated TV bulletins, live events and breaking news
• Ensuring appearance is as per house rules
• Conducting interviews
• Producing elements of the bulletin, book guests, prepping them and doing research for the interview
• Packaging and delivering stories for the bulletin
• Flair for business and business news for Business Anchor/Reporter
Salary range: Not specified Additional information: Not specified Contract type: Permanent Job type: Full Time Location: Nairobi Area of work: Media, communications, languages Seniority: Experienced (senior worker)
Required education: Bachelor's degree Required relevant work experience: 2 years Required skills: Written communication; Verbal communication; Visual communication ; Presentation skills; Journalism; Reporting; News writing and production; Communication; Research planning Required languages:English(Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent), Swahili(Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)