The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital.
As part of strengthening our operations, we are looking for smart, creative and ambitious individuals to join our team.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Marketing Brand Executive will be responsible for growing audiences, loyalty and value propositions for the digital platforms.
• At least 2 years relevant working experience.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Sciences, Communication, Marketing or a related field from a recognized university
• Strong analytical and data management skills with attention to detail
• Strong social networks and online activity communication
• Report writing skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Demonstrate a high quality of work
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Creating digital first promotion ideas, activity calendar for the year and events in conjunction with digital team.
• Creating new ideas and designs for brand visibility and ensuring placement across Standard Group platforms.
• Driving and executing ideas to grow online audiences with specific targets.
• Sourcing, vetting and placement of suitable brand awareness materials in the markets.
• Support the commercial & Legal team in locking down partnerships for online promotions and activities that are relevant to the brands and any other partners.
• Briefing and following up with the legal department on upcoming online engagement programs for purposes of contracting.
• Research and reporting.
Salary range: Not specified Additional information: Not specified Contract type: Permanent Job type: Full Time Location: Nairobi Area of work: Sales, marketing, promotion Seniority: Experienced (senior worker)
Required education: Bachelor's degree Required relevant work experience: 2 years Required skills: Market research, intelligence; Brand management; Partnerships; Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.); Sales strategy; Advertising; Marketing Required languages:English(Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)