|Company:||Kenya Ports Authority (KPA)|
|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Dealing with staff matters for staff working under him including training and ensuring that there is high performance and discipline
• Carrying out research on information necessary for short and long term planning
• Formulating project design concepts and in so doing evaluating and preparing cost estimates for budgetary purposes as well as preparation of tender documents
• Holding brief with consultants on projects being undertaken
• Supervising projects undertaken by Contractors and in house projects enforcing compliance with specifications, drawings, conditions of contracts and quality
• Ensuring compliance with conditions of contract specifications and budgetary provisions.
• Planning and prioritizing execution of works
• Maintaining adequate and updated records, drawings and plans for the projects undertaken and/or alterations carried to existing facilities
• Issuing completion certificates for completed projects
• Providing technical advice on modifications, rehabilitation and repairs following damage to marine structures.
Skills & Attributes:
• BSc Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Registered as an Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
• Membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
• Valid Annual Practicing License from EBK
• Senior Management Courses
• ICT skills
• Sound knowledge in Port Infrastructure and Operations.
• Demonstrated high degree of professional competency, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organisation and management of infrastructure maintenance
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a reputable organisation with at least 3 years’ experience at lower management level
For more information, visit; https://www.kpa.co.ke/Careers/Pages/Vacancies.aspx