|Category:||Accounting & Auditing|
|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
The planning and conduct of complex audits, advisory and special assignments and inspections at headquarters and/or the field to add value and improve the Organization's operations, and to provide assurance that the outputs of the Organization are produced with due regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Contributes to the preparation of the risk-based biennial audit plan, under the coordination of a Senior Auditor, and ensures comprehensive and quality audit programmes are prepared;
• Plans, leads and/or participates and provides specialist expertise on major, comprehensive, multi-disciplinary audit teams and/or project, programme, operational reviews, special audits, and inspections, and participates in Organization working groups, and/or supervises staff;
• Plans and conducts audit assignments, from the initial planning, information gathering and interview stages to the final analysis and report writing stages, in accordance with internal procedures and auditing standards;
• Prepares/reviews electronic working papers utilizing TeamMate that support audit findings and recommendations.
• Prepares clear and concise draft reports and presents audit results and recommendations, orally and in writing to the Inspector-General and senior management;
• Provides specialist advice as appropriate to managers across the Organization;
• Promotes capacity development in audit assignments and provides on the job training and supervision to other staff, as well as contributes to maintaining and updating the Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme and the Audit Manual;
• Performs other duties as required. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________ CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in audit, business or public administration, finance, accounting, economics, political science, international development, law or a related field.
• Seven years of relevant experience in an organization using modern auditing, accounting, management and
information systems techniques (e.g. internal audit department in the public or private sector, or an auditing, accounting or consulting firm)
• Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement Technical/Functional Skills
• Professional certification from an internationally recognized accounting or audit body such as CIA, CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent is desirable.
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in auditing, accounting, management and information system techniques
• Extent and relevance of experience of risk assessment
• Working knowledge of English is considered a strong asset
• Extent and relevance of experience of strategic planning and programme management and operations concepts
• Extent and relevance of experience in performing and supervising financial, operational, performance and IT audits, and/or experience in accounting and/or business administration
• Experience in using specialized audit software ______________________________________________________________________________________________________ Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your iRecruitment online profile (see “How to Apply”). We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills
• Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list
• Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice and the endorsed candidates will be considered for the Employment Roster for a period of 2 years
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments
For more information, visit; http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/