|Company:||Kenya Red Cross Society|
|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
1. Provides individual and group substance abuse treatment for clients.
2. Participates as a member of the case management team, attending weekly meetings, and updating case managers on client progress and making recommendations for future treatment needs.
3. Ensures that record maintenance requirements are met in accordance with program and oversight guidelines,
4. Coordinates, schedules and presents educational programs for clients.
5. Responds to clients in mental health crisis and coordinates referrals.
6. Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures as they relate to treatment and educational programs.
7. Maintains clinical records and writes relapse prevention plans and case file note
8. Preparing and implementing counselling plan by providing quality counselling sessions for the client and their family/caregivers in the frame of therapy.
9. Assessing the need of support group activities, activity sessions; planning, developing and executing these accordingly.
10. Collaborating closely with the medical staff and social worker and referring clients to them according to clients' needs
11. Identifying clients requiring advanced psychological assessment and care and referring such clients to appropriate professionals
12. Providing psycho-education sessions for clients, their families and community members when needed
13. Observing all ethical aspects and client confidentiality at all times
14. Ensuring complete documentation of all cases; provide reports monthly and analysis of clinic data quarterly
15. To provide support to vulnerable individuals/children/families with protection concerns in the process of psychosocial support and case management.
16. To directly work with other community workers on response activities.
17. Plan, design and monitor the overall implementation plan (weekly and monthly) of the rehabilitation process
18. Develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community members through peer - led focus groups discussions and awareness sessions;
19. Facilitate the participation of all the clients to the planned activities held at the center, (Youth, women, elderly, minority members, people with disabilities etc.).
20. Prepare and submit activity progress reports including weekly and monthly reports
21. Contribute to the development of project proposal, concept notes & sector publications
22. Communicate regularly with the clinical officer in charge for updates on achievements and challenges
23. Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by Clinical Officer in Charge.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling, Psychology or other related field.
• Over two (2) years relevant experience gained in a busy organizational setup. Experience in addiction management is an added advantage.
• The Counsellor is an individual that can be able to assist clients and promote wellbeing and recovery.
• Experienced and skilled individual in counselling and psychology
• Good knowledge of the work of the Red Cross in Kenya
• Good Knowledge of programmes and Projects in addiction management with the ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to Influence and interface with senior members of the business/Society
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills
• Self-motivation and strong team spirit
• Dynamic personality and ability to work under pressure
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Ability to effectively multitask.
• Ability to effectively handle and manage interpersonal conflict.
• Integrity, emotional intelligence and objectivity.
• Be highly respectful towards all KRCS staff and stakeholders.
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
For more information, visit; http://www.redcross.or.ke/landing/careers.php