|Company:||Kenya Red Cross Society|
|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Formulate laboratory division department goals, objectives and intervention strategies.
2. Ensure that all department activities are implemented as outlined in objectives highlighted are met.
3. Planning and organizing adequate coverage by laboratory technicians at the rehab and during outreaches.
4. Ensure all laboratory technologist follow guidelines and protocols in their management of patients.
5. Overall responsible for the day-to-day running of the department.
6. Provide technical and administration work guidelines in collaboration with the facility in charge.
7. Attend and participate in Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions
8. Coordinate the Submission of weekly reports of generated by the laboratory department to the HIS officer.
9. Represent KRCS at all relevant coordination forums and meetings as delegated
10. Technical and administrative supervision of all laboratory department staff.
11. Planning and formulating leave plan of the laboratory technicians as outlined.
• Laboratory technologist with diploma from a recognized institution
• Two (2)’ years practical relevant work experience as a Laboratory Technologist
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Ability to effectively multitask.
• Excellent organizational skills
• A strong sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
• Excellent (written and oral) communication and excellent interpersonal skills with an attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively handle and manage interpersonal conflict.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Integrity, emotional intelligence and objectivity.
• Be highly respectful towards all KRCS staff and stakeholders.
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
For more information, visit; http://www.redcross.or.ke/landing/careers.php