|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
Duties and Responsibilities:
Africare seeks a Communications Officer to support the IMPACT project in Turkana County, Kenya. S/He will report to the IMPACT project Chief of Party and deliver on all activities related to communications and dissemination, with some public relations, for the project as needed.
• General knowledge of development and public health in Africa
• General knowledge of Global Development issues such as Nutrition, Food Security
• Ability to use Microsoft Office programs proficiently, specifically MS Excel and Word
• Minimum undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, public relations and affairs or related field. Graduates preferred.
• Over 5 years’ experience in communications work for NGOs or private sector.
• Ability to effectively research online.
• A quality track record and portfolio in written and communications (media) materials
• Excellent writing and speaking communication skills.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili. HaTurkana a plus.
• Ability to work under time pressure and late hours with time lag to engage US based partners including Africare staff.
For more information, visit; https://www.africare.org/how-you-can-help/careers/africa/