|Company:||International Solidarity Foundation (ISF)|
|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
Key responsibility and functions
The primary responsibility of the Advocacy officer is to design and coordinate the ISF Gender Forum in Kisii and Nyamira Counties.
The overall objective of the Forum is to bring together state and non-state actors (private sector and civil society) to discuss and share information on progress, key issues and challenges in relation to gender equality and women’s rights; as well as to collectively agree on actions to promote gender equality in the counties. The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Director to ensure the successful delivery and tangible impacts of the Forum.
Specifically, the Advocacy officer will carry out the following tasks:
• Map relevant stakeholders in public, private and civil society sectors that have ongoing and/or potential programmes in promotion of gender equality in the target counties;
• Map and analyze other similar gender forums/networks/platforms in Kenya;
• Develop a Concept Note and detailed Project Plan for the Forum;
• Identify a comprehensive list of stakeholders to be invited to Gender Forum events;
• Formulate a clear work plan and agenda;
• Ensure an inclusive and active participation of relevant stakeholders in setting up the objectives and agenda of the events and as key speakers;
• Prepare, send invitation letters and follow up with relevant partners to participate in the Forum;
• Provide overall logistic, coordination and technical support in organizing the Forum;
• Facilitate events and/or identify external facilitators for each session;
• Document the minutes and key action points from each event and follow up on key actions if necessary;
• Regularly brief the progress and results of the forums to the office of the county government and its responsible persons, as well as other key stakeholders;
• Coordinate the establishment and management of a local website for the Forum;
• Regularly update the information and news in relation to the Forum in the website to showcase key results and achievements;
• Prepare monthly reports detailing progress, challenges, lessons learned and way forward and submit to ISF Regional Director.
• Any other tasks requested by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• University degree in Gender Studies, Social Sciences or relevant area.
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience in gender programming and/or mainstreaming in development or humanitarian settings;
• Strong knowledge on lobbying gender issues and policy in Kenya;
• Experience in managing and facilitating gender and/or multi-stakeholder coordination networks is a strong asset;
• Experience in managing external communications such as websites, newsletters and social media;
• Strong analytical skills and well-developed ability to think strategically;
• Good report writing skills;
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives;
• Well organized, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and organize work;
• A high level of interpersonal and communications competencies;
• Excellent facilitation skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Demonstrated competencies in programme development and management including monitoring, evaluation and learning, reporting;
• Previous experiences in working with a network and/or NGO is a good asset;
• Knowledge of word, Microsoft excel and power point; and
• Fluency in English and Kisii.
The applications should send to address [email protected] by 9th of April at 4pm.