|Company:||COMMISSION ON REVENUE ALLOCATION (CRA)|
|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support Director Economic Affairs in spearheading the Commissions Economic Affairs.
2. Supports Director Economic Affairs in developing, validating and implementing strategies for economic affairs in line with CRA’s mandate.
3. Participate in development of the Directorate’s budget and workplan to support its operation.
4. Assign responsibilities to subordinates and carry performance appraisals as required.
5. Assist the director in developing a qualitative modelling approach to inform revenue allocation.
6. Lead the Research team in analysis of fiscal, socioeconomic and development policies and make recommendations based on good practice.
7. Provide technical assistance to members of the Commission along adopted thematic and other relevant areas.
8. Interpret and analyze macroeconomic issues and lead the research team in the development of relevant reports.
9. Establish collaborations with relevant institutions as the Deputy to the Director
10. Assist counties in the budgeting process, reviewing document
11. Represent the commission in different forums as required.
12. Prepare and make presentations to disseminate the Commission’s recommendations
13. Prepare Board/ Commission papers on technical issues as required.
1. Master’s Degree in Economics or Statistics or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
2. Possession of PhD is an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience and at least five (5) years in Top management position in a reputable organization.
2. Strong credentials on undertaking and managing research assignments for over ten (10) years.
3. At least published five relevant articles in refereed journals.
4. Thorough understanding of socio-economic and cultural research involving diverse survey methodologies.
5. A good understanding of econometrics and ability to use standard econometrics software to conduct research and modeling.
6. Advanced technical skills in Modeling, Research and Management.
7. He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills.
8. Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams to attain departmental goals.
For more information, visit; http://www.crakenya.org/careers/vacanicies/