|Company:||Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company|
|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for the implementation of the Board’s decisions in a results oriented
and timely manner to achieve the Company’s goals, objectives and agreed
• Carrying out the day to day business of the Company.
• Developing of and recommending to the Board the long term strategy, business plans and annual operating budgets; and establishing proper internalm monitoring and control systems and procedures;
• Coordinating and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Board.
• Ensuring that there is eff ective communication between the management and the Board as well as between diff erent levels of management.
• Providing leadership to the employees.
• Ensure compliance with tax, fi nancial and other reporting statutor requirements.
• Develop tariff s and pricing strategies for water services and drive all business development initiatives.
• Attending to personnel matters including organizational structures, appointments, welfare, training, industrial relations separation and effective management succession plans;
• Ensuring continuous achievement of the Company’s fi nancial and operating goals and objectives.
• Overseeing and ensuring implementation of corporate policies and programmes.
• Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees;
• Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship;
• Acting as the principal spokesperson of the Company;
• Ensuring compliance with the laws of the country; and,
• Any other responsibilities as may be necessary to achieve the Company’s objective.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Engineering, Economics, Finance, Commercial Law or a related fi eld.
• Professional management qualifi cations - membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
• Over twelve (12) years relevant working experience seven (7) of which should have been in senior management of a large and busy organization. Experience from organizations with a strong core business in the Water Company will be an added advantage.
• Broad knowledge of economics, fi nance, corporate governance and water services management and trends at national, regional and international levels, including in-depth understanding of water management in the global marketplace.
• Strong leadership and skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff , resolve confl icts as well as ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum and vision in order to achieve organizational objectives.
• Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications.
• High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity.
• Strong expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource & performance management, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.
• Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, data base, spreadsheets, accounting packages, internet and relevant workflow process program applications.
• Ability to analyze and interpret operational, economic and fi nancial data and apply management principles and practices in making sound business decisions.
• Ability to develop and implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviour and providing support to professional development eff orts linked to strategic objectives.
• Ability to empower staff by removing obstacles hindering the achievement of strategic objectives, focusing on results and delivering what is promised, on time and within budget.
• Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender diff erences.
• Ability to initiate and implement planned organizational change, adapt to rapidly changing conditions in the environments as well as align programmes in the appropriate direction with cohesiveness and a sense of urgency.
• Ability to inform and infl uence the Shareholder’s position regarding the formulation and implementation of fi nancial policy touching on water sector.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confi dence to the address below by enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, relevant experience and attach copies of certifi cates.
Applications may also be deposited at our Head Office, Off Kambi Somali Road next to Coca Cola or posted to:
Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company LTD
P.O. Box 8418-30100
Compliance with the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya is mandatory. Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company is an equal opportunity employer and the marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Note: All Applications should be received not later than Friday 23rd March 2018 at 16:00 Hrs