|Company:||Department for General Assembly and Conference Management|
|Category:||Administrative and Clerical|
|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
1. Effectively coordinate actions relative to the administration of contractual translation ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
2. Supervise and provide guidance on financial administration and management information issues and practices of management or work unit to staff.
3. Monitor and review the work programme by conducting regular and special reviews to assess progress of actual work versus the programme plan. Coordinate the production of programme reports.
4. Oversee the day-to-day administration of outsourced contractual services
5. Maintain the roster of contractual translators.
6. Provide necessary tools to contractual translators and coordinate evaluation reports and ensure that timely feedback is provided to the clients.
7. Oversee processing the payment of contractors' services and monitor and reconcile payments.
8. Monitor use of funds earmarked for contractual translation and compile relevant reports.
9. Monitor that procedures in place are implemented to ensure that accounting and financial management controls are consistent with UN policy and practice.
10. Work with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programme of work; monitor and analyze specific aspects of programme of work development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; identify and track follow-up actions.
11. Supervise staff as required.
12. Perform other related administrative duties
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources policies and procedures. Ability to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Conceptual analytical and evaluate skills to conduct independent research and analysis. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law or related area, is required. A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, human resources management, contracts management, or related field. Knowledge of documents and contracts management.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of other UN official languages is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
For more information, visit; https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=93543