|Company:||National Oil Corporation of Kenya|
• Provide leadership in the conceptualization, development and implementation of the company’s strategic plans to enhance profitability;
• Advise the Board on the performance of the company and all matters relating to the company strategy;
• Ensure continued improvement in the quality and value of services and products provided by National Oil;
• Cultivate and encourage a productivity culture that promotes ethical practices and sound corporate governance;
• Establish, direct and manage the company’s managerial, financial and operational systems, procedures and controls to ensure that they are professional, workable and sustainable so as to enhance value;
• Identify and provide strategic direction on new investments, business opportunities and change management;
• Nurture the organization’s human resource and ensure appropriate management structures and policies are developed and implemented within the organization for sustainable growth;
• Relationship management and networking with local and global business partners and stakeholders;
• Provide proactive public relations and enhance National Oil’s corporate image; and
• Lead and foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good governance and employee satisfaction.
• Account to the National Assembly and ensure that the resources of the Corporation are mobilized and used in a way that is lawful, authorized effective, efficient, economical and transparent.
• Lead the Corporation in fostering the highest standards of professional ethics and implementing the values and principals of Public Service as set out at Article 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
• Master’s degree in Strategic Management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business, Mining, Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry or Petroleum Engineering.
• Professional qualification shall be an added advantage.
• At least 10 years’ experience with at least 4 years at senior management level overseeing multidisciplinary functions in a busy commercial environment.
• Prior experience in managing a functional level in a large organization /busy environment.
• Proven track record in managing projects.
• Significant experience in oil sector or commodity markets.
• Well-grounded understanding of corporate governance.
• Proven track record of development and implementation of turnaround strategies.
• Ability to manage people, operations and financial resources;
• Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
• Ability to drive and manage change;
• Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills; and
• Excellent organizational, analytical and coordination skills.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
• Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics & Anti - Corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The Chief Executive Officer shall report to the Board of Directors and shall hold office for a term of three (3) years and shall be eligible for re-appointment subject to terms.
Applicants can access advertisement and application details on National Oil website www.nockenya.co.ke/recruitment. Applicants should either email to [email protected] or send their application and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current
remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and day time telephone number to:
The Chairman, Board of Directors
National Oil Corporation
P.O. Box 58567-00200,
Applications should reach us not later than 5pm on Wednesday, 6th January 2017. Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
National Oil is an equal opportunity employer.