|Company:||Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB)|
|Salary:||Ksh. Determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commi|
For appointment to this position, a person should:
• Be a citizen of Kenya;
• Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Be in possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or other relevant professional body and in good standing;
• Have at least twelve (12) years relevant professional experience in financial management/ Revenue mobilization, five years of which should have been in a Senior leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector; and
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing and coordinating county revenue mobilization function and advising on all matters relating to revenue mobilization in the County Government of Kitui;
• Designing and developing County revenue mobilization systems and procedures;
• Designing revenue management process and controls for achievement of agreed revenue targets in each financial year;
• Spearheading the identification, development and maintenance of all revenue streams in the county and proposing optimal rates/ charges;
• Participating in the development of donor proposals for funding;
• Developing and ensuring the implementation of internal controls related to revenue enhancement in the county;
• Coordinating the preparation of revenue related reports in accordance with the PFM Act, 2012 and its regulations;
• Coordinating the preparation of laws relevant to revenue mobilization, enhancement, administration and collection, including the annual finance Act, in accordance with the PFM Act, 2012 and its regulations;
• Coordinating public participation activities for matters related to county revenue mobilization in accordance with the law;
• Coordinating staff training and development for junior employees; and
• Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by the relevant Chief Officer.
The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration
Terms of Service
The Director Revenue will be permanent.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side
and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Candidates
• Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 23rd February 2018.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and
Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation