|Company:||Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB)|
|Salary:||Ksh. Determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commi|
For appointment to this position, a person should:
• Be a citizen of Kenya;
• Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Be in possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and in good standing;
• Have at least twelve (12) years relevant professional experience in Financial Accounting/ Audit, five years of which should have been in a Senior leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector; and
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Management of Internal Audit services;
• Formulating and implementing internal audit policies, strategies and procedures;
• Advising the county on internal audit matters;
• Reviewing of audit plans, programs and audit files;
• Reviewing the systems of internal control developed by management and advising on their adequacy and compliance;
• Advising management on cost control and revenue improvement;
• Coordinating investigations and special audits within the County Government;
• Coordinating the preparation of management reports in accordance with the PFM Act, 2012;
• Overseeing capacity building on internal controls for the county;
• Liaising with accounting officers on matters related to audit function, funding and recommendations of audit committee;
• Reviewing and verifying budgets, financial statements, fund accounts and other statements prepared by the accounting officers;
• Advising on compliance by the county and / or its entities with the PFM Act 2012, County Governments Act 2012, Public Procurement` and Disposals Act and any other relevant law; and
• Any other duty as may be assigned by a competent authority.
The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration
Terms of Service
The Director Internal Audit will be permanent.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side
and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Candidates
• Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 23rd February 2018.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and
Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation