|Company:||Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB)|
|Salary:||Ksh. Determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commi|
For appointment to this position, a person should:
• Be a citizen of Kenya;
• Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Be in possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing;
• Have at least twelve (12) years relevant professional experience in financial management, five years of which should have been in a Senior leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector; and
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accountant General will be responsible to the relevant Chief Officer for the following:
• Advising on all accounting matters of the County Government of Kitui;
• Developing and ensuring implementation of effective internal controls;
• Advising on the efficient use of financial resources and county assets;
• Preparing financial statements in accordance with the PFM Act, 2012;
• Preparing management financial reports for use by county entities;
• Advising on efficient and effective use of financial resources and county assets;
• Ensuring effective budgetary implementation and controls;
• Ensuring efficient and effective cash flow management;
• Coordinating capacity building for accounting staff;
• Coordinating performance reviews on the financial performance of county entities; and
• Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by the relevant Chief Officer.
The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration
Terms of Service:
The Accountant General will be permanent.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side
and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Candidates
• Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 23rd February 2018.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and
Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation