|Salary:||Ksh. Not mentioned|
• Develop a communication strategy that speaks to goals, tactics, visibility and branding strategies for FIDA Kenya to ensure it remains on top of issues of gender and transformative justice
• Coordination of publicity and advocacy strategies for various FIDA Kenya programs and activities seeking high level placement in print, broadcast and online media.
• Monitoring and ensuring media coverage of FIDA Kenya and women’s rights issues and responding to the same.
• Liaising with and managing media inquiries and interview requests.
• Drafting of speeches, press statements and articles for publication in various media releases.
• Coordination of press conferences and other media events.
• FIDA Kenya website updating and support in maintenance.
• Networking with like-minded organizations for information sharing.
• Manage the preparation and production of FIDA Kenya journals and publications.
• Take lead in developing content and engaging in Social media management for the organization including twitter, Facebook etc.
• Be the overall events Manager for all FIDA Kenya related activities to ensure that the branding aspect of the organization is upheld and by so doing all of the organizations related activities are well branded with the relevant banners, logos and trademark colour of the organization.
• Evaluation of opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis.
• Management of the FIDA Kenya resource Centre to ensure that it is stocked with up to date and recent materials that are relevant to the organizations work.
• Undertake any other tasks as commensurate with the post.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University majoring in Journalism or Mass Communication or its equivalent in related fields.
• MUSThave 5 Years post qualification professional experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gender & women’s rights issues. Knowledge of media and experience in media program management.
• Work in the NGO sector will be an added advantage.
• Proficiency in computers and managing websites.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills/Social person.
• Proven excellent writing skills in both English and Kiswahili, with strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
For more information, visit; http://fidakenya.org/job/communications-officer-to-be-based-in-nairobi-1-position/