|Company:||Mater Misericordiae Hospital|
|Category:||Healthcare & Pharmaceutical|
The Mater Misericordiae Hospital is a not-for-profit Catholic Hospital in Nairobi with six medical centres and a School of Nursing. Renowned for our quality in care and compassion, we take a holistic approach to healthcare and clinical excellence.
The Registered Trustees, Sisters of Mercy, Kenya Province seek to appoint an experienced Chief Nursing officer, who shares and espouses the Mercy ethos and charism, to provide leadership in the provision of quality nursing care. He/she will work in collaboration with the Director of Medical Services and will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The role of the successful applicant will include:
• Development and implementation of annual budget requests, operational plans, staffing levels, talent delivery and strategic goals for the department.
• Directing nursing compliance with operating policies and program standards to ensure full documentation and compliance within all regulatory requirements.
• Development, coordination and execution of continuous evaluation of nursing service objectives, policies and procedures to maintain continuity of quality nursing care.
• Leadership in the Nursing Division Quality Improvement activities, infection control and institutional quality assurance activities.
• Providing performance feedback and playing a key role in building the culture of accountability
• Audit of different areas of patient care to ensure exceptional clinical outcomes
• Periodic evaluation of job performance of the nursing staff to ensure superior customer experience to all internal and external clients
Key Qualifications Essential
• BSc Nursing, KRN/KRM/KRCHN with advanced diploma in nursing
• Minimum of ten (10) years working experience as a Registered Nurse, five (5) of which must be at a senior nursing administrative position.
• Working knowledge of a Hospital Management Information System
• A drive and passion for improving Nursing standards
• Excellent Public Relations and Communication
• Master’s degree in nursing.
• Experience in training and mentoring of students The applicant must provide the following:
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Certified copies of academic degree certificates
• Certificate of good conduct
• KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance
Applications close on 30th November COB. Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, names and contacts of 3 referees (Academic, Professional and Faith based) and, their current and expected salary to [email protected]
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.