Text Book Centre (TBC) is East and Central Africa's largest Educational, Cultural and Technological Content and Products Distributor. The Company has grown tremendously over the years to become the leading bookstore chain in Kenya and around the region.
The position will be responsible for developing and executing the logistics strategy and managing TBC’s multi-location warehouse and logistics network, to ensure correct stock levels, efficient transportation and distribution across all locations.
1. Design and implement a distribution strategy that is aligned to the overall supply chain strategy and supports delivery of TBC business goals.
2. Develop and execute a logistics plan that ensures timely, efficient and accurate deliveries of customer orders. Manage the warehouse and logistics budget
3. Develop and implement efficient warehousing and logistics systems, policies and standard operating procedures and enforce them.
4. Determine stock turn levels to establish appropriate reorder levels that will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
5. Oversee management of TBC warehouses in an orderly manner, in line with healthy and safety guidelines and that regular stock checks take place and records updated.
6. Lead continuous improvement efforts for improved inventory accuracy, warehouse cost reduction and improved efficiency in the logistics process. Analyze and identify warehouse and logistics processes bottleneck, developing solutions and ensure their timely implementation to increase efficiency.
7. Manage relationships with logistics providers.
8. Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
9. Inventory Control – Maintain accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing an efficient inventory control system across all warehouses.
10. Maintain appropriate reports to provide stakeholders with actionable data and insights regarding current stock levels by category and location;
11. Support direct reports to achieve optimal performance, including the management of workloads, performance management, constructive feedback and facilitation of ongoing professional and technical development.
• Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field.
• Possess superior knowledge of Warehouse and Logistics procedures.
• Proficiency working with ERP Systems
• At least seven (7) years progressive Warehouse and Logistics experience, three (3) years of which must be in a managerial role.
• Leadership skills
• A self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills with strong ability to persuade and influence.
• Strong team player with a “roll up your sleeves and get the job done” attitude.
• Excellent analytical, task management, and budgeting skills
• Detail-oriented, efficient and able prioritize, manage and follow projects through to completion.
• Demonstrates commitment to results delivery while exceeding customer expectations; a sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company’s success.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external clients.
• Must have high standards of integrity, ethics and confidentiality.