Reporting to the Assistant Manager Technical Services (Production), the job holder is responsible for planning and providing oversight of all technical operation functions in the organization. He/she will oversee the production, post production and transmission of signals from the studios, local /international OB sites.
• Plans in consultation with user departments (newsroom and production) on the use and allocation of technical production resources
• Supervises, mentors, and appraises Chief Technical Operators in all operation units
• Puts in place contingency plans to ensure uninterrupted provision of services in the Corporation’s technical operation units
• Resolves complex operational discrepancies reported in the units
• Plans and coordinates live broadcast coverage of national and international events
• Coordinates acquisition of production consumables
• Deployment of staff within the section according to suitability and demand
• Approves production facility bookings based on available resources
• Receives and analyzes daily reports from the CTOs
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the section and forwards to the AMTS (Production)
• Participates in the development of the department’s budget
• Responsible for cameras, editing equipment, transmission desks, lighting and sound equipment in the production studios.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Film/Video Productions, Media Technology (Electronic Media), Media Studies OR Diploma in Studio Technical Operations, Film/Video Productions, Mass Communication from a recognized institution
• Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
• Diploma in Media Technology, Film/Video Productions, Mass Communication (Electronic Media) and Media studies
• Membership to a registered and regulated professional body is essential
• A high level of computer proficiency.
• At least six (6) years overall working experience (Bachelor’s degree) OR eight (8) years overall working experience (Diploma)
• At least three (3) years in a supervisory role
• Should be conversant with regulations dealing with broadcast
• Creativity and innovation
• Communication, interpersonal and technical operation skills.
Other Media Technology jobs that you might like
Browse All in Media Technology