Purpose of this position
This position is aimed at supporting statistical data analysis and graphic design of the programme research, policy and development work. The programme has lined up a series of sustainability dialogues and research and impact outputs to bring together various stakeholders from sectors of economy, to share research and development outputs, debate, discuss and dialogue on addressing trade-offs towards achievement of sustainability and sustainable transformation in Africa. To this end, we are interested in a qualified digital and print media graphic design and data analysis expert able to develop and implement an integrated graphic design and data analysis System.
Job title: Consultant - Statistical Analysis and Graphic Designs
Programme: Climate Resilient Economies Programme
Line manager: Dr. Joanes Atela (Head of Climate Resilient Economies Programme)
The graphic Design and data analysis expert is expected to develop an integrated graphic design and data analysis system, deliver professional artwork, and support statistical and spatial data analysis across the programme.
The Specific Terms of Reference for the Task are as follows:
- Design templates and formats for the programme strategic products to better communicate our work in the region and beyond using up to date and innovative design solutions.
- Maintaining the highest standards in graphic design and producing cutting edge creative content, for both print and digital, that accurately represents the expectations of the programme
- Maintain awareness of developments within the Graphic Design field, ensuring outputs use of latest techniques and designs.
- Design and execute a new look and feel across all print, electronic, web-based and animated material that accurately reflects programme strategic positioning.
- Design across all digital assets, e.g., website, web applications, advertising, electronic newsletters, banners, social media, and other digital media.
- Maintaining an advanced knowledge of software used for creating graphic designs and trends within design.
- Work with the communications team to develop and maintain a photo archive and ensuring that research activities contribute regularly to the photo archive.
- supporting the design of research instruments and research designs, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Independently deliver high-quality sections of reports or data analysis – ensuring deliverables accomplished in time.
- Report writing: drawing insights from data and presenting them in a quality format.
- Present analyses and Interpret the results
- Create research summaries for non-statistician audience
- support data analysis for manuscripts and conference presentations
Terms of consultancy
- Six (6) month duration.
- The consultant is required to make a presentation of the technical and financial proposal to the team at an agreed time.
- The position provides an equal opportunity for all, and women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply: Please send:
Updated CV of not more than 5 (five) pages including 3 (three) relevant referees and a list of publications/outputs
A one-page design proposal
A one-page motivation letter
Certified copies of degree certificates and transcripts
Application letters should have the title of the position as the subject of email, to be sent to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected].
For further details about this position please contact Dr Joanes Atela, Head of the Climate Resilient Economies Programme at [email protected]
Please note the application deadline for this position is 5th August 2021.
Other NGO And Social Development jobs that you might like
Browse All in NGO And Social Development