× Digital News Videos Opinions Cartoons Education E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
Karim Nizigiyimana of Gor Mahia tuckles Shawk Batambuze of Tusker FC during the KPL Match at Afraha stadiun in Nakuru on April 22,2017.They ended in 0-0. PHOTO:MOSES KIPSANG
Once again, the two teams failed to sort out their differences in a league match

Tusker forced league leaders Gor Mahia to a barren draw in a league match at Afraha Stadium in Nakuru on Sunday.

Midfielder Hashim Sempala was given his marching orders in the 83rd minute for a second bookable offence.

Gor terrorised the their opponents in the dying minutes of the match they (Gor) should have won with at least two clear goals, thanks to the slippery pitch from a heavy downpour, which reduced their playing momentum.

SEE ALSO: Gor Mahia's wait for title continues

Poor Officiating

Gor coach Ze Maria was mad with the referee for penalising players unnecessarily to the advantage of their opponents.

“The referee penalised us when it was least warranted but he fell blind to the fouls of our opponents, which reduced our momentum of play. This is not good at all,” he told Standard Sports in a post-match interview and walked off.

Equally, Tusker coach George Nsimbe was not happy with the officiating but welcomed the contribution of his players in the match.

“We are slowly picking our rhythm. My boys are slowly coming back to their playing format after a slow start early in the season,” he said.

SEE ALSO: FKF deal won’t help footballers if they are kept in the dark

Gor were more impressive in all departments compared to Tusker.

After forcing four consecutive fruitless corners, Gor should have shook the net in the 78th minute when a well-taken powerful drive by forward Kenneth Muguna hit the woodwork with Tusker custodian Duncan Ochieng well beaten.

On their part, Tusker missed a golden opportunity in the 37th minute when Allan Wanga’s header narrowly missed the target from a cross by Shaffique Batambuze with Gor custodian Boniface Oluoch well beaten.

Earlier, at the same venue, Posta Rangers collected maximum points when they defeated Kariobangi Sharks by a solitary goal.

The mailmen scored from the spot in the 39th minute after a Kariobangi Sharks defender handled the ball in the box

SEE ALSO: Gor Mahia ready for Champions League

In Machakos, Nakumatt claimed the bragging rights over Western Stima after winning the match held at Kenyatta stadium.

Nakumatt’s Joseph Wanyonyi unleashed a sharp pass to Kepha Aswani to net their first goal on the 23rd minute.

The strong Nzomo Nzuki confirmed the win by netting the ball in the 55th minute.

Covid 19 Time Series


Gor Mahia Tusker
Share this story


Read More