1. Understand that you are not a supermom. Accept help from your partner, relatives, friends and the nanny.
2. Create time for yourself, even if it is for a few hours. It is therapeutic.
3. Learn from other moms or from those who have been there before. Seek information about how to recruit a nanny, where to take kids to school etc.
4. Learn to live and let live. You can’t be a perfect mom. Accidents happen, kids trip and fall.
5. Cherish the state you are going through. Enjoy their toddler period. You can’t rewind time.
6. Allow older children to be independent, within reasonable boundaries.
7. Innovate in terms of giving the kids experiences. You don’t have to go to the mall to have fun and playtime doesn’t have to be costly.
8. Don’t compare your kids to each other or to other kids or to adults.
9. Once in a while, let the kids experience a different environment. Take them to the village or let them stay with your brother or sister for a few days.
10. Listen to your child. They have a voice. Let them learn to have that voice from a young age.