-2 tbsps of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 5 tbsps of desiccated coconut
- 250g basmati rice
1. Put the coconut in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the nuts until light golden brown, then remove and set aside.
2. Add the onion and cook till softened. Then add cumin, and ginger before adding the rice, coconut and nuts. Season, stir and garnish with coriander. Serve on its own or with chicken, fish or meat.
SignUp For Newsletter
Get amazing content delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to our daily Newsletter.