Did you know that some of the items in your bathroom, dressing or medicine cabinet could serve more than their intended purpose? They include toothpaste, mouthwash, aspirin and petroleum jelly.
• Toothpaste: When you dye your hair at home, the results are not always as perfect as when it is done professionally. You will have your scalp, hairline, neck and even part of your face stained with the colour. You can use toothpaste to clean up the mess. Put a little on your finger then gently rub it on the stain, then rinse with warm water. Keep rubbing until the stain goes.
• Mouthwash: Dandruff is every woman’s nightmare. Many women have tried countless oils and remedies to get rid of it. Mouthwash is the simplest way to eliminate dandruff from your hair. Dub some mouthwash on your scalp with cotton wool and leave it on for half an hour then shampoo and rinse. Do this regularly and you will rid your hair of dandruff.
• Aspirin: If you love swimming, then your hair is likely to get into contact with chlorine found in the pool water. This chlorine tends to discolour the hair. If you swim regularly, always wear a cap. If, however, you happen to experience chlorine discolouration, here is the solution. Get eight aspirin tablets from your medicine cabinet, dissolve it in a glass of water then rub the solution into your hair. After about ten minutes, shampoo and rinse.
• Baby powder: There are days you will feel your hair is dirty but you have no time to wash it in the shower or sink. Baby powder is known to be the best dry shampoo to rejuvenate your hair without water. Shake some powder into your hair then brush it out. It works even better for those with oily scalp since the powder soaks up moisture, leaving the hair clean.
• Petroleum jelly: Has your baby stuck gum on her hair. Trying removing it with your fingers and you will torture her. A simple and painless way to remove it is to apply petroleum jelly to the gum (coat the gum more than the hair) and the gum will slip out.
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Eve Digital Telegram channel HERE.